Our Pet First Aid Course is the most comprehensive pet safety and pet first aid program available. The course is internationally recognized and has since been taught by instructors across North America for over a decade.
Important topics covered in our 10 hour pet first aid course includes:
- Immediate Steps to Take in an Emergency
- What to include in your Pet First Aid Kit
- How to Safely Approach an Injured Animal
- How to complete a Head to Toe assessment
- How to restrain and transport an Injured Animal
- Recognition of signs of common illness and injury
- How to handle various bleeding wounds
- Bone, Ear and Eye Injuries
- Choking Skills
- Artificial Respiration
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Poisoning and Administration of Medications
- Frostbite, Hypothermia
- Heat Stroke and Burns
- We also include a strong emphasis on methods of preventing illness and injury, and more…
Why choose Walks N Wags?
- Course is veterinary approved.
- Our course is applicable to both dog AND cat owners.
- Receive an extensive, user-friendly manual to assist you in your time of need.
- Receive Certificate upon passing the course.
- We work with live pets to practice bandaging and finding their vital signs!
- Our instructors have backgrounds in firefighting, nursing, human first aid, dog behaviour and kennel management.
- CCPDT members are eligible for CEU (continuing education) credits.
- Our courses are informative and FUN!